Briefing of the first quarter in 2020 held
On March 13th, 2020, ULIS – VNU held a briefing on tasks of the first quarter in 2020. Dr. Do Tuan Minh, ULIS President chaired the meeting. The meeting was also attended by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ngo Minh Thuy, ULIS Vice President, Chairman of the Trade Union, Secretary of the Youth Union, representatives of departments of the University.
Delivering his speech at the briefing, President Do Tuan Minh highly appreciated the efforts of all the departments in completing their tasks in the first quarter of 2020 with outstanding achievements.
At the Briefing Dr. Duong Quynh Hoa, Director of Personnel Organization Office announced the VNU President’s decision to extend the time of Vice President position for Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ngo Minh Thuy; the decisions of President Do Tuan Minh on re-appointing Mrs. Vu Thi Thanh Nha as Dean of the Faculty of English; Mr. Pham Minh Tien as Dean of the Faculty of Chinese Language and Culture; Dr. Nguyen Dinh Hien and Dr. Do Thi Thanh Huyen as Vice Deans of the Faculty of Chinese Language and Culture.
Reports on the performance in the first quarter of 2020 and the plan for the second quarter of 2020 and reports on the implementation of working and training regulations were delivered at the briefing.
Prominent results in the first quarter of 2020:
– Effectively deployed student recruitment communication and advisory activities of the University.
– Successfully organized many major events: 2020 Job Fair participated by 59 enterprises and 4888 ULIS students with 1453 jobs introduced to students; 2019 Year-end Conference;
– Ensured good security, order and fire prevention; made sure ULIS officials and lecturers received good care during the 2020 Lunar New Year.
– Completed all the necessary tasks in preparation of the XIX Party Congress.
Crucial tasks in the second quarter of 2020:
– Prepare and organize the National Scientific Seminar with topic “Studying and Teaching Foreign Languages, Languages and International studies in Vietnam” online.
– Continue to well implement the prevention of Covid-19 epidemic; Proactively and flexibly adjust the School’s work plan to suit the general situation.
– Develop 04 action programs to implement the Resolution of the XIX Party Congress.
– Overcome difficulties to successfully complete the academic year 2019-2020, ensuring that students of the QH.2016 cohort graduate on time.
– Prepare the enrollment work at all levels.