Call For Papers: 2019 International Graduate Research Symposium (IGRS)
The International Graduate Research Symposium (IGRS) for MA and PhD students will be held at the University of Languages and International Studies (ULIS) – Vietnam National University – Hanoi (VNU) in 2019. The Symposium Organizing Committee invites proposals for the Symposium from the national and international MA and PhD students.
- Content areas
The Symposium focuses on the theme of “Linguistics, Language Education and International Studies”.
Within this broad theme, there will be the following content areas:
– Linguistics: Phonetics and Phonology, Grammatical approaches (Functional Grammar, Transformational-Generative Grammar, Structural Grammar, etc…), Lexicology, Semantics, Stylistics, Rhetoric, Discourse Analysis, Critical Discourse Analysis, Conversation Analysis, Pragmatics, Cross-Cultural Pragmatics, Cognitive Linguistics, Contrastive Linguistics, …
– Foreign Language Education: Foreign Language Teaching Methods, Psychology in Foreign Language Teaching, Second Language Acquisition, Theories of Learning, Bilingual Education, Curriculum and Material Development, Testing and Assessment, Technology in Foreign Language Teaching and Learning, Language Policy and Language Policy Implementation, World Englishes, Foreign Language Teaching for Specific Purposes, Literature in Foreign Language Teaching and Learning, …
– Interdisciplinary Studiess: International Studies, Regional Studies, American Studies, Socio-linguistics, Socio-cultural Linguistics, Literary Linguistics, Intercultural Communication, Translation Studies, Language and Media, …
- Dates: October 25-27, 2019
- 3. Venue: the University of Languages and International Studies – VNU, No. 2 Pham Van Dong Str., Cau Giay Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam.
- The official languages for the Symposium are English and Vietnamese.
- The languages of the individual papers: Vietnamese or foreign languages
- Symposium proceedings: Full papers should be submitted by July 31, 2019 to be reviewed and included in the Symposium proceedings.
- Registration and paper submission:
– The attendance registration form, paper title and abstract should be submitted to the organizing committee before March 15, 2019 online through the Website http://goo.gl/a7UN8x
– The Paper title must not exceed 20 words; the Abstract must not exceed 300 words.
7.2. Full papers:
– The full papers must be submitted online through firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject should be “Baocao IGRS 2019”.
– The full papers should be from 6 to 12 pages (around 3.000 to 6.000 words).
– Format requirements: Times News Roman font at 13 or 14 for English, Russian and French; 13.5 or 14 for Chinese; and 12 for Japanese. Character spacing is at normal level; the space between characters must not be compressed or expanded; Line spacing is set at 1,5 lines (1.2 lines for Japanese); top margin 3.5 cm; bottom margin 3 cm; left margin 3.5 cm; right margin 2 cm.
– The paper presentation order:
- Paper title: Upper case & bold letters at 14 in word size; Full name of the author(s): lower case, bold letters (e.g: Nguyen Van A); The training institution name: lower case, bold letters (e.g: University of Languages and International Studies – VNU); Workplace(s): lower case, bold, italic letters (e.g: University of Languages and International Studies – VNU); Email address; Phone number.
- Abstract: 250 – 300 words
- Key words: 4-5 words or phrases;
- Main text: Main headings in the main text: upper case, bold letters; Sub-headings in the main text: lower case, bold letters;
- References: APA style.
- Papers written in Vietnamese or foreign languages (except English) must include title, abstract and key words in English at the end of the paper, after reference page.
- Papers written in English must include title, abstract and key words in Vietnamese at the end of the paper after reference page.
- Deadline for the submission of full papers or posters: July 31, 2019.
- Presenters will be notified of the paper review result and acceptance by September 15, 2019
7.3. Presentation at the Symposium: Proposals may be for individual papers and posters.
– Individual paper presentation: Each individual paper lasts 25 minutes including 15 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion. The presentation slides should be prepared in PPT software 2007 according to the agenda of the organizing committee.
– Poster presentation: Each poster is presented in a 60 x 160 cm page with jpg format. The poster should be submitted in jpg format before July 31, 2019 online to the email email@example.com. The email subject should be “Poster Baocao IGRS 2019”. The posters must be prepared by the presenters, while the organizing committee will arrange the poster frame in accordance with the regulated size.
- Symposium Agenda
- October 25, 2019: Participants and presenters welcoming (Welcome party on October 25 evening)
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., 26/10/2019: Symposium
- October 27, 2019: Sightseeing tour (Ha Long Bay, Hanoi Old Quarters for interested participants)
- 9. Symposium attendance fee and payment method
9.1. Symposium attendance fee
– US$ 130: for symposium attendance, buffet party, paper published in the proceedings and a printed Symposium proceedings
– US$ 45: for symposium attendance, buffet party and a printed Symposium proceedings
– US$ 30: for symposium attendance and a printed Symposium proceedings
– US$ 15: for symposium attendance only.
9.2. Payment Method: direct payment or bank transfer
– Direct payment: at Faculty of Post-Graduate Studies – University of Languages and International Studies – VNU, Room 102, A3, Pham Van Dong Str., Cau Giay Dist., Hanoi (Staff in charge: Ms. Tran Thi Phuong Nhung).
- Overseas transfer:
Beneficiary: TRUONG DAI HOC NGOAI NGU – DHQGHN
Add: Pham Van Dong Str., Cau Giay Dist., Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Account Number: 1507201059468
Beneficiary Bank: VietNam Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, Cau Giay Branch
Add: 99 Tran Dang Ninh Str., Cau Giay Dist., Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Swift Code: VBAAVNVX420 Telex No: 411-322VBA-VT
The details of bank transfer should include: Full name, Attendance fee of IGRS 2018.
9.3. Deadline for payment: July 31, 2019
Notes: On paying the Symposium attendance fee, the attendance will be officially confirmed.
10. Important Contact Information:
For more information, please contact Ms. Nguyen Thi Ai Anh, M.A, Tel: 0936.244.005 – Staff of Faculty of Post-Graduate Studies, ULIS – VNU. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.