Northwest Program Successfully accepted at State-level
Northwest Program consists of 35 products, including 14 programs and 21 documents. It is specifically conducted for Customs, Foreign Relation, Tourism officials and Border Guard in the Northwest region to perform duties in the trend of international integration. On April 26th, 2019 this Program was officially accepted at the State level with excellent results.
This Program holds the title “Research on developing a model to improve foreign language competency for Customs, Foreign Relation, Tourism officials and Border Guard in the Northwest region in the trend of international integration” (also known as Northwest Program). It mainly aims to:
- Assess the actual capacity and demand for foreign languages of Customs, Foreign Relation, Tourism officials and Border Guard in the Northwest region;
- Develop a theoretical basis for designing teaching programs and compiling teaching materials and methods of online and direct learning;
- Develop a model of fostering and improving foreign language competencies (English and Chinese) for the above-mentioned subjects to perform their duties and services in the trend of international integration;
- Pilot the model of fostering foreign language competencies for the above-mentioned subjects in Lao Cai and Lang Son provinces;
- Complete the model for deployment in the whole Northwest region.