Press Release: One Asia Convention Hanoi 2018 – Hope for the Future
One Asia Foundation
|Date of Establishment||21 December 2009 (Formerly established as an NPO on 19 August 2003)|
|Basic Funds||Approximately 10,000,000,000 yen|
|Purpose||To contribute to the establishment of an Asian Community.|
Fundamental Enterprises of the One Asia Foundation
- To financially support organizations and groups which share our goal of contributing to the formation of Asian Community in the near future.
- To financially support colleges, including their teaching staff, in Asian countries for the project of establishing a department, a course of study or a subject relating to the formation of Asian community in the near future.
- To financially support institutions and scholars specialized in research work concerning taxation, financial or monetary systems, or some other fields, which will be useful for the formation of Asian Community in the future.
- To establish a scholarship for students enrolled in the college departments or courses, and who are studying the subjects mentioned in the above section two.
- To support academic, cultural and sports exchanges in order to promote the formation of Asian Community in the future.
- To carry out any other projects necessary to achieve the aim of the Foundation.
One Asia Foundation holds regular conventions and events so as to bring together politicians, managers, scholars and relevant stakeholders who seek to find out scientific bases and effective measures to deliver the purpose and goals of the Foundation. This year, 2018, collaborating with the University of Languages and International Studies (ULIS) under Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU), One Asia Foundation organizes One Asia Convention Hanoi 2018 – Hope for the Future at Lotte Hotel, 54 Lieu Giai, Hanoi on the 3rd and 4th of August, 2018. Participants from 300 universities in Asia and around the world, including VNU, ULIS, Ajou University (Korea), Tadulako University (Indonesia), Teikyo Heisei University (Japan), St. Mary’s University (USA), the University of Sheffield (UK), Changchun University of Chinese Medicine (China), Bishkek Humanities University (Kyrgyz), Build Bright University (Cambodia), University of Rome La Sapienza (Italy), amongst others, will attend the convention. The convention provides a forum for politicians, managers and scholars to share knowledge, ideas, experiences and best practices so as to deliver the purpose of the Foundation, which is the formation of Asian Community in the near future. A variety of topics at the convention will cover the course of Asian Community establishment, Politics, Economics, Environment, Social Matters, History, Education, Thougth, Philosophy, Religions, Culture, Arts, Media and other related issues. Speakers are world-renown politicians and scholars, including Nobel prize winners, who have bold vision and profound knowledge of similarities among countries in the region – one critical foundation for the establishment of Asian Community, as well as peculiarities of each nation which can benefit Asian Community in the near future. Topics covered in the convention also help identify strategic orientations and specific measures which will be cooperatively implemented by countries in the region, find out issues to be addressed so as to make significant contributions to the course of Asian Community formulation.
As a university with cutting-edge strengths in training and research in foreign languages – a cultural bridge and vital means for common understanding and consensus among speakers of different languages, ULIS under VNU is proud to collaborate with One Asia Foundation to co-host this meaningful event.