The briefing on tasks in the fourth quarter of 2019
On December 11th, 2019, the University of Languages and International Studies – Vietnam National University, Hanoi (ULIS – VNU) held a briefing of the fourth quarter of 2019. ULIS President Do Tuan Minh chaired the briefing. The briefing was attended by ULIS Vice Presidents Ngo Minh Thuy, Nguyen Xuan Long, Lam Quang Dong, Chairman of the Trade Union, Secretary of the Youth Union, ULIS representatives from many departments.
Speaking at the briefing, President Do Tuan Minh spoke highly of the efforts of all departments in completing their respective tasks in the fourth quarter of 2019 with outstanding achievements.
At the beginning of the briefing, President Do Tuan Minh and Vice President Nguyen Xuan Long presented the title of ULIS Faculty Face in 2019 to 15 excellent lecturers and teachers and rewarded extraordinary individuals in this quarter.
The President also presented scholarship (40 million VND) to graduate student Nguyen Thi Ngoc Trang on behalf of VNU. On this occasion, the University also rewarded 6 staff members for successfully completing the quality assurance course.
Outstanding achievements in the second quarter of 2019 include:
– Successfully organizing the Congress of Party’s Cells for the 2020-2022 tenure;
– Implementing activities of innovating teaching, practice, internship and supplementary methods with the special attention to fast-track programs;
– Successfully organizing the international seminar on testing and the seminar for graduate and PhD students; welcoming the external evaluation team of AUN to assess the quality of the German Language Program;
– Completing assigned tasks in the National Foreign Language Project;
– Celebrating anniversaries: 50-year anniversary of establishment of FLSS, 10-year anniversary of establishment of the Faculty of English, 10-year anniversary of establishment of the Faculty of Linguistics & cultures of English-speaking countries, 25 years of teaching Korean Language at ULIS, celebration of the Vietnamese Women’s Day and Vietnamese Teachers’ Day.
Key tasks in the first quarter of 2020:
– Successfully organizing events: ULIS JOB FAIR; 2019 Year-end Conference; ULIS FIRE; Thai Language Day; ULIS Teambuilding Day; Francophone Day; ULIS Japan Day;
– All ULIS faculty, staff, and officials to receive generous care and handsome gifts for the Lunar New Year Holidays 2020;
– Implementing communicative work and enrollment advice at all training levels in 2019;
– Successfully organizing the 19th Congress of Party’s representatives of ULIS-VNU.
Closing the ceremony, President Minh requested units to actively implement activities, seriously comply with working and training regulations and complete key tasks and plans in the first quarter of 2020 and gave directions for the mission of each unit. He hoped that the university would start the 2020 year with great success and emphasized that all teachers needed to make efforts together to create a friendly, dynamic and creative learning environment for learners, as well as increase the learning motivation for learners from the subjects themselves.