The briefing on tasks in the third quarter of 2019
On September 11th, 2019, the University of Languages and International Studies – Vietnam National University, Hanoi (ULIS – VNU) held the briefing on tasks in the third quarter of 2019. The debriefing was chaired by President Do Tuan Minh. Vice President Ngo Minh Thuy, Vice President Nguyen Xuan Long, Chairman of the Trade Union, Secretary of the Youth Union, leaders of units in the university also attended the briefing.
Addressing the briefing, President Do Tuan Minh spoke highly of efforts of the units in completing tasks in the third quarter of 2019 with many outstanding achievements, especially in the student enrollment work at all levels.
At the beginning of the conference, President Minh announced the decision on appointing Dr. Duong Anh Chien to be Deputy Director of the Science and Technology Office. At the same time, certificates of merit and awards were also given to the following groups/individuals:
+The group of students (45 students) participating in the cooperation program with Lang Son province and making positive contributions to the training program to improve the quality of English teaching and learning for high school teachers and students in Lang Son province.
+The group (30 students) participating in the cooperation program with Thanh Hoa province and making positive contributions to the training program to improve the quality of English teaching and learning for high school teachers and students in Thanh Hoa province.
+ A group of students (48 students) taking part in the cooperation program with Cau Giay district and making great contributions to the training program to improve the quality of English language teaching for secondary school teachers and students in Cau Giay District (Hanoi)
+ Students, namely Le Thi Linh Suong (Faculty of Language Education and Professional Development), Do Thi Lan Anh, Le Thi Thuy Nga, Duong Van Chau, Trinh Ngoc Lan, Nguyen Thi Nhung and Le Thi Bich Hanh (Faculty of English Language Teacher Education), who have made significant contributions to the training programs to improve the quality of English language teaching and learning for secondary school teachers and students in local cooperation programs.
+ Division of Arabic Language and Culture with excellent achievements in developing the quality of lecturers to meet standards established in accordance with the Resolution of ULIS’s 18th Institutional Party Congress.
+ M.A. Nguyen Viet Hung (Academic Affairs Office) who has gained achievements in innovating the class registration for students.
+ M.A. Dao Quang Trung (Center for Information Technology, Communication and Learning Resources) who has excellently completed the mission in posting English news on ULIS’s official website and renovating contents and interface of the university’s English website.
The report on task implementation in the third quarter of 2019, the work plan for the fourth quarter of 2019 and the report on the implementation of working and training regulations at training and training support units throughout the university have shown that the units had completed a number of important missions in 3 months of the third quarter and seriously followed the regulations
Outstanding and crucial results in the third quarter of 2019:
– The enrollment is on point with regard to both quantity and quality in the 2019 university entrance examination and graduate recruitment (the second cohort in 2019);
– The Project of renovating teaching activities at ULIS – VNU with special attention to fast-track program quality assurance has been finalized.
– Projects to improve and upgrade facilities at ULIS, especially to refurbish the compound of the Faculty of French Language and Culture; repair the W.C system in B3 lecture hall area and renovate A4 and A5 buildings as well as 07 classrooms on the first floor of A2 building serving as classrooms of ULIS Middle School have been accomplished.
– Personnel organization and university management affairs: Holding the conference on state officials and 2018-2019 academic year summarization; completing the emulation and award work of groups and individuals in 2018-2019 academic year and appointing some managing leaders.
– Academic Affairs: Successfully conducting the undergraduate recruitment; completing the double-degree program recruitment for 2019-2020 academic year; finalizing and teaching new subjects from the first semester of 2019-2020 academic year such as Skills for Success in University Study, Creative Thinking & Start-up, General Psychology and Artistry (intending to improve aptitudes for art) for students of fast-track programs; cooperating with provincial departments of education and training and ULIS’s units to assure the quality and progress of the National Foreign Language Project in 2019.
– Students Affairs: Organizing the admission and opening ceremony for students of QH.2019.F1 intake, ULIS Middle School and Foreign Languages Specialized School and inaugurating the “one-stop-shop” division for full-time undergraduates.
– Quality Assurance Affairs: Finalizing the self-assessment report on German Language Training Program serving the 2019 AUN quality evaluation.
– Trade Union Affairs: Providing additional uniforms to nearly 800 state officials and employees; organizing sightseeing activities and vacations for members of the Trade Union; Giving mid-autumn presents to children of ULIS’s state officials and employees.
– Party and Youth Union Affairs: Holding the Club Day and ULIS Tour to welcome QH.2019 freshmen.
Key tasks in the fourth quarter of 2019:
– Successfully organizing the Congress of Party’s Cells for the 2020-2022 tenure.
– Implementing activities of innovating teaching, practice, internship and supplementary methods with the special attention to fast-track programs.
– Successfully organizing the international seminar on testing and the seminar for graduate and PhD students; welcoming the external evaluation team of AUN to assess the quality of the German Language Program
– Completing assigned tasks in the National Foreign Language Project
– Celebrating anniversaries: 50 years of establishing FLSS, 25 years of teaching Korean Language at ULIS, celebration of the Vietnamese Women’s Day and Vietnamese Teachers’ Day.
Closing the ceremony, President Minh requested units to actively implement activities, seriously comply with working and training regulations and complete key tasks and plans in the fourth quarter of 2019 and gave directions for the mission of each unit. He hoped that the university would start the 2019-2020 school year with great success in the fourth quarter and emphasized that all teachers needed to make efforts together to create a friendly, dynamic and creative learning environment for learners, as well as increase the learning motivation for learners from the subjects themselves.