Council of Science & Training
Professor. Nguyen Hoa
1. The Science and Training Council of the University of Languages & International Studies, Vietnam National University, Hanoi (ULIS, VNU) was established under the decision of the President. The term of the Science and Training Council coincides with that of the President. The Science and Training Council is responsible for advising the President on:
- Planning for training development, science, technology and quality assurance.
- Developing and amending regulations on training, scientific & technological activities, and quality assurance of the University.
- Deploying projects to implement, or stop training programs.
- Contributing ideas to the University’s reports and explanations on training, scientific research and quality assurance.
- Evaluating the management, training activities, science and technology, quality assurance of the units in the University.
2. The Science and Training Council has an odd number of members from 11 to 25 members, including: a number of Vice Presidents, heads of training units, a number of research centers, heads of some departments, and representatives of faculty and scientific staff, professors, associate professors with Doctoral degrees inside and outside the University.
3. The Chairperson manages the Science and Training Council and performs the tasks specified in Section 1. The Science and Training Council has no more than 02 Vice-Chairpersons.
4. The Science and Training Council meets at least every 6 months and is convened by the Chairperson of the Council. The content of the meeting must be notified to all members at least 07 days in advance; a meeting is considered valid when at least 3/4 of the members attend; The meeting’s conclusions take effect when more than 50% of the members of the Science and Training Council vote for them.
5. Funding for the operation of the Science and Training Council comes from the University’s budget, and is spent on a mission basis.