Faculty of English
|5th Floor – Room 517 – Block B2 – ULIS – VNU|
|02422431410 – 02438584968 – 02438581426|
|Dr. Vu Thi Thanh Nha
||Dr. Lam Thi Hoa Binh
||Dr. Mai Thi Loan
|Dean||Vice Dean||Vice Dean|
- Organize the implementation and development of undergraduate and postgraduate training programs for students and trainees of member units of VNU.
- Organize teaching for English majors and non-English majors under VNU.
- Implement cooperation activities in the field of training, research and providing training services with units inside and outside the university according to the regulations of the University.
- Make plans of training, testing & assessment, developing programs and documents for a number of English subjects for students and trainees in standard programs, high quality programs, international partnership programs, talent programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels at VNU.
- Organize English teaching in standard programs, high quality programs, double degree programs, international standard programs, talented bachelors at undergraduate and graduate levels in VNU.
- Liaise with other units to organize the training programs of Basic English, Academic English, and Advanced Academic English (under the graduate training program) for units in VNU.
- Teach some general subjects (compulsory or elective) in the bachelor’s training program of the University of Languages & International Studies.
- Manage training information (students, training plans, programs, documents, assessment scores, training regulations) for students and trainees under programs managed by the Faculty.
- Coordinate with the Cooperation and Development Office, the training departments to plan and implement international cooperation projects, programs and activities in English language training and research.
- Coordinate with the Center for Information Technology – Communication and Learning Resources, Information – Library Center / VNU to build, update information and effectively exploit the resources to serve the tasks of the Faculty.
- Coordinate with the University’s Testing Center to organize exams to grant standard certificates for undergraduate and graduate training programs for students and trainees at VNU.
- Strongly developed the contingent of staff, improved the professional quality and qualifications, and intensified the labor discipline.
- Completed scientific research tasks and achieved high quality teaching results. Members of staff and lecturers strictly observe the working regulations. The Faculty well performed the task of fostering and developing staff’s professional quality.
- In recent years, the Faculty has published many articles in foreign journals, 100% of staff have articles, scientific papers reported at seminars at all levels both inside and outside the country.
- Compiled and completed English language curricula for VNU’s school members.
- Actively joined the work of the Party, Trade Union, and Youth Union.
- 2010-2011: excellent workforce; received Certificate of merit from VNU’s President.
- 2011-2012: excellent workforce; received Certificate of merit from ULIS’s President.
- 2013- 2014: excellent workforce; received Certificate of merit from VNU’s President and ULIS’s President.
- 2014-2015: excellent workforce; received Certificate of merit from VNU’s President
- 2015-2016: excellent workforce; received Certificate of merit from VNU’s President; received second Prize in the art competition held by ULIS; solid workforce.
- 2016-2017: advanced workforce; received awards for outstanding achievements in Trade Union’s activities.
- 2017-2018: advanced workforce; received first Prize in the clean, beautiful, and green office competition; received awards for outstanding achievements in Trade Union’s activities; received Certificate of merit from VNU’s President.
- In 2019-2020, the Faculty has its own online learning software to serve teaching and learning, so far it has achieved very high efficiency.
- In 2019-2020, it achieved the Title: “Excellent Working Collective” at VNU Level.