Politics & Student Affairs Office
|MA. Vu Van Hai
||MSc. Khoa Anh Viet||MSc. Pham Dinh Luong
|Director||Deputy Director||Deputy Director|
The Politics and Student Affairs Office has the function of advising the President on organizing political, ideological management and alumni network according to the guidelines of the Communist Party and the laws of the State and the current regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training, VNU, and the University’s development policies and strategies.
- Advise the Party Committee and Governing Board, coordinate with the Propaganda Department of the Party Committee and the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union in organizing and studying the guidelines, advocates, policies, resolutions of the Party and the laws of the State, propagating and educating Marxism-Leninism and Ho Chi Minh’s ideology for staff and students throughout the University.
- Coordinate with units, Party organizations, mass organizations in the University to grasp the situation, the thought development of cadres and students, and propose to the President the guidelines and measures to carry out educational work, political ideology appropriate to each period.
- Organize political and educational activities according to the policy of the Party Committee & the Governing Board and traditional education on historic anniversaries and events of the year.
- Deploy moral and lifestyle education; carry out the work of political security, order, safety, crime and social evils prevention among students. Coordinate with security agencies and functional departments of the school to handle security and order issues related to full time students.
- Liaise with other units to manage the one-stop system and ULIS NOW phone application for students of the University.
- Carry out the management of full-time university students: organize the reception of matriculated candidates; coordinate with training faculties to organize classes, coordinate with relevant units to make student cards and provide medical examination for students; monitor and evaluate students’ sense of learning and training; Classify and grade students at the end of each semester, school year, or course.
- Organize the opening ceremony, closing ceremony and awarding diplomas to full time university students.
- Organize emulation and commendation for learning collectives and individuals.
- Liaise with other units for disciplining students who violate regulations and rules; consider students’ temporary absence from school, stop students’ learning at school according to student regulations.
- Do statistics, data synthesis, student records management. Handle administrative tasks related to students according to assigned tasks.
- Organize “Student Orientation Week” at the beginning of the school year. Organize for students to participate in political, social, cultural, artistic, sports, and club activities. Organize forms to collect students’ opinions according to regulations in order to improve the quality of students’ learning, scientific research and activities.
- Liaise with other units to organize the implementation of policies and regimes for students on in-budget and non-budget scholarships, tuition fee, social allowances, tuition fee waiver, insurance, credit support for training and other relevant regimes.
- Liaise with other units to review and carry out procedures for sending students to study, research, participate in seminars, visit, and practice abroad.
- Liaise with other units to organize activities to support students: implementing practical programs, internships and developing supplementary skills, counseling, and career guidance; organize skill-supporting courses; contact agencies and businesses to introduce jobs; Introduce internships to students.
- Organize and manage the alumni network to promote the resources of the University alumni
- Coordinate with units in the University to implement relevant quality accreditation standards.
- Coordinate the management of foreign students studying at the University.
- The Director of the Politics and Student Affairs Office is entitled to sign a number of papers as authorized by the President.
- Perform other duties assigned by the President.
♦ Political ideology
- Being a united and unanimous collective. Strictly implement propagating all State’s guidelines and the Communist Party’s advocacies.
- Actively 100% participate in all emulation movements and campaigns at all levels.
- Efficiently implement the movement “Study and follow late President Ho Chi Minh’s ideology, moral and style” and the movement “Two Nos”
- Always well fulfill all assigned tasks, have a good sense of criticism and self-criticism.
- Have a good, smooth, efficient and in-time working contact with all units inside and outside the University.
♦ Professional implementation
- A collective of well-qualified staff-members with good expertise, experience and skills in dealing with student affairs.
- Actively and efficiently participate in political work and student affairs, particularly in-time and efficiently dealing with administrative procedures.
♦ Fostering and developing staff members
- Actively participate in and have a great contribution to developing and fostering staff members in the University in general and in the Office in particular.
♦ Management task
- The whole office is a solid unit, ready to take care of and support one another to fulfill all assigned tasks, overcome all difficulties in all circumstances as well as in life.
♦ Other tasks
- Actively, self-reliantly and efficiently participate in party cell’s work.
- The office’s trade union has various and practical activities and it is really a home to its members under the University of Languages and International Studies – VNU.
- The office’s task completion has been highly appreciated and in-time praised by the upper level.
- The office has made a great contribution to the University’s art and sport activities.
♦ Innovation and research
- 2017: Made regulations of compliment to students; regulations of evaluation for students’ training efforts (Circular 393 dated April 5th, 2017); formats of student affairs; regulations for students studying abroad; regulations for communication culture in offices (Circular 567 dated March 23rd, 2017).
- 2018: Made handbooks for students QH.2018; procedures to handle work of the Office; regulations of considering and granting scholarships to students of the University of Languages and International Studies – VNU; collected documents of guidelines for student affairs; suggested renovation of internship and training supplementary skills for students.
♦ Titles of emulation and compliments
- The office is often awarded Certificates of Merit by VNU.
- The office has always been given the title “Collective of Excellent Emulation” by President of VNU since the school year 2004-2005 up to now.
- 2005: Awarded Labor Medal Grade 3
- 2006: Awarded Commemoration Medal “For the development of VNU”.
- Awarded Certificates of Merit by President of VNU in 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017.