Center for Language Testing and Assessment
|6th Floor – Block A1 – ULIS – VNU|
|024 62601376; 024 62605797|
|Dr. Nguyen Thi Quynh Yen
||Dr. Tran Thi Thu Hien|
The Center for Language Testing and Assessment has the function of building and managing exam questions and exam question banks; organizing and carrying out capacity assessment activities; formulating and implementing programs of fostering competency in foreign language testing & assessment, and courses on developing testing and assessment capacity; building and developing learning materials and courses to improve foreign language competency; researching and transferring technology on foreign language testing and assessment; advising related policies to general testing and foreign language testing.
1. Liaise with other units to build and manage exam questions and exam question banks
a) Organize the development of exam questions and exam question banks for test formats to assess competency and foreign language ability to serve the needs of enrollment, training and output standards of all levels of the University, consider graduate outcomes at VNU and meet the needs of domestic and foreign education institutions, units, organizations and individuals.
b) Manage the bank of standardized exam questions according to regulations.
2. Organize exams to assess foreign language competence and ability and issue foreign language certificates to meet the needs of the school and society.
a) Organize exams to assess foreign language ability and competence.
b) Issue certificates of foreign language ability
c) Manage, store, announce and report results of assessment of foreign language ability and competence.
3. Develop and implement programs of fostering competency in foreign language testing and courses on developing testing and assessment capacity.
a) Develop training programs to improve the capacity of foreign language testing and assessment and courses to develop the capacity of testing and assessment.
b) Organize training sessions to foster foreign language testing and assessment capacity for school staff and other individuals and organizations in need.
c) Build specialized foreign language testing human resources for units inside and outside the school.
d) Develop plans for fostering and developing professional skills in foreign language testing and assessment of the Center and the University.
4. Build and develop learning materials and courses to improve foreign language ability
a) Build and develop learning materials to improve foreign language ability.
b) Develop and organize the implementation of courses to improve foreign language ability.
5. Research, cooperate and transfer technology on foreign language testing assessment
a) Liaise with other units to organize the implementation of scientific and technological research projects related to the functions and missions of the Center.
b) Implement knowledge transfer and scientific services, apply research results, testing experience and foreign language testing to units and organizations inside and outside the university.
c) Organize conferences and seminars related to foreign language testing.
6. Carry out consulting policy related to foreign language testing and assessment
7. Cooperate with domestic and foreign units, organizations and individuals to perform tasks related to the Center’s functions and missions in accordance with current regulations.
8. Coordinate with units in the University to effectively arrange and use resources to carry out the Center’s missions.
9. The Director of the Center signs a number of documents as authorized by the President.
10. Perform other tasks assigned by the President.
- Organized high quality exams assessing foreign language proficiency, successfully building prestigious brands of examining, assessing foreign language proficiency of the university.
- Built the subjects of the tests assessing foreign language proficiency that have good quality and meet the needs of examining, assessing of the university and organizations, units in the society, contributing greatly to building the brand of the VSTEP standardized test in the university.
- Well implemented the work of consulting policies about examining, assessing foreign language for the university and the Ministry of Education and Training.
- Implemented a lot of profound research on foreign language testing & assessment, contributing to improving the prestige and position of the university on foreign language assessment in the region and the world. Particularly, the center is the professional unit to register the university as the 9th official member of the Academic Forum on English Language Testing in Asia – AFELTA in 2017.
- Well implemented many important tasks assigned by the Foreign Language National Project on renovating foreign language testing and assessment.
- The Center is a professional unit to implement training and improve the competence of foreign language testing and assessment for officials inside and outside the university; successfully implemented the Center’s project, which has been approved by the Ministry of Education and Training on improving the competence of foreign language examiners and test designers at national level.
- Implemented the project on transferring intellectual and technology for foreign language testing and assessment at nationwide and worldwide level from 2016.
- Renovated testing and assessment to define the output standard for foreign language proficiency of foreign language students in the university in accordance with standardized regulations from 2015.
- Renovated recruitment of FLSS from 2016.