Science & Technology Office
|Room 310, 311, 312 – Block A1 – ULIS -VNU|
|Dr. Nguyen Thi Ngoc Quynh||
Dr. Tran Thi hoang Anh
The Science and Technology Office has the function of advising and assisting the President on the management and implementation of scientific and technological research, innovation, capacity building for scientific research, and management of intellectual property at the University.
1. Develop strategies, policies, plans and regulatory documents
- Advise on building strategies, policies and plans for scientific and technological research and development of the University, organizing the development of long-term and short-term plans, annual plans, and ad hoc plans on research, research programs, research topics at all levels, policies and plans on intellectual property management. Develop and organize the implementation of investment projects and projects on science, technology and innovation.
- Organize the development of documents, rules and regulations on management of scientific research, innovation, management of intellectual property, propose thematic contents to foster scientific research capacity of units and staff of the University.
- Coordinate with the Personnel Organization Office to organize training courses, seminars, symposiums to improve scientific research capacity of units and staff of the University.
- Coordinate with the Office of Planning and Finance to plan and use the science and technology budget.
2. Manage and organize scientific research activities and intellectual property
- Manage and support activities of research programs and topics: carry out procedures for approval, acceptance and evaluation of scientific research works. Propose rewarding and handling violations in the performance of tasks of scientific research and intellectual property.
- Manage the Journal “Foreign Studies” under the University of Languages & International Studies, VNU; organize editing, reviewing, printing and issuing scientific publications of the University.
- Organize acceptance test, publishing monographs, reference books, scientific and technological products and other intellectual properties of the University.
- Guide, monitor, inspect and organize the implementation of activities to foster scientific research capacity of units and staff in the University.
- Liaise with other units to organize scientific conferences and seminars at all levels of the University; participate in co-organizing scientific conferences and seminars related to the mission of the University.
- Coordinate with the Youth Union, training and research units to organize and manage the students’ innovation, scientific research and entrepreneurship.
- Coordinate with other units in the University to implement relevant quality accreditation standards.
- Liaise with other units for intellectual property management and organization of intellectual property exploitation at the University.
- Coordinate with the Cooperation and Development Office and relevant units in formulating and organizing the implementation of science and technology projects and programs, fostering and developing science and technology products with domestic and foreign individuals and organizations.
3. Other missions
- Coordinate with the Center for Information Technology – Communication and Learning Resources, Center for Information – Library of VNU to build a network of information and scientific materials inside and outside the University; store, manage and exploit intellectual property at the University.
- Prepare the agenda and content of meetings of the Science and Training Council.
- Coordinate with the Office of Personnel Organization in building and managing scientific records of staff in the University.
- The Director of the Science – Technology Office is entitled to sign internal notices and conclude meetings related to the management field as prescribed by the President.
- Perform other duties assigned by the President.
- Successfully developed and organized many projects at the University and VNU level.
- Successfully organized many national and international conferences, particularly the National Scientific Conference on “Research and teaching foreign languages, languages and international studies in Vietnam”; Coordinated with the National Foreign Language Project to successfully organize the International Conference on “Teaching and learning foreign languages in the national education system in ASEAN countries” with the participation of numerous delegates from 9 ASEAN countries; Coordinated with One Asia Foundation to successfully organize the International Conference “One Asia Convention Hanoi 2018 – Hope for the Future” with the participation of more than 500 international delegates from more than 30 countries and territories.
- Successfully organized scientific research conferences at the University level, some scientific research projects for students were awarded; coordinated with the Youth Union and Students’ Association to successfully organize the FIRE 1, FIRE 2 and FIRE 3.
- Successfully organized professional seminars for the University’s staff.
- On December 9th, 2016, the VNU Journal of Foreign Studies under the ULIS - VNU, was officially licensed by the Ministry of Information and Communications.
- The research team has operated effectively under the guidance of the Center for Language Testing and Assessment. VSTEP products have been delivered and officially used by the Ministry of Education and Training.