Center for Researching Foreign Language Education, Linguistics and International Studies
|Room 301, 302, 303 – Block A3 – ULIS – VNU|
|Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Anh|
The Center for Researching Foreign Language Education, Linguistic & International Studies has functions of organizing and implementing scientific research activities in combination with training, transferring scientific knowledge and service in linguistics and international studies.
- Organize and implement practical research in linguistics for application in foreign language education in Vietnam as well as other issues related to national, regional and global studies through programs or projects to contribute knowledge and understanding of linguistics and international studies.
- Combine researching and training, especially post graduate training helping to train human resources of high quality for national development in the context of integration, globalization and development of intellectual economy.
- Closely cooperate with research organizations & units, receive orders of long term and short term research programs and projects or implement programs of scientific consultancy.
- Promote interdisciplinary cooperation, connect, exchange information sources, liaise with other units to organize international and national conferences and seminars, organize programs, classes for scientific development, transfer knowledge in linguistics and international studies.
- Mobilize the maximum force of scientific research staff in the University, domestic and foreign units inside and outside VNU, make the most use of facilities for research, expand international cooperation to well implement the center’s functions.
- Implement other duties assigned by the university President.
♦ Post-graduate scientific research and training
- Implemented 25 projects at all levels.
- Published 12 books for special references, compiled 21 text-books for undergraduate level, edited 77 textbooks for high school level.
- Issued over 170 articles in domestics and foreign scientific journals.
- In October 2015, organized the 1st conference on International studies at ULIS – VNU.
- In 2017 made the annual report on foreign language education for 2016.
- Supervised 21 domestic PhD candidates and 3 foreign PhD candidates.
- Academic year 2016-2017: Collective of excellent working.
- Academic year 2017-2018: Collective of excellent working, Certificate of Merit by the President of VNU
- Academic year 2017-2018: Certificate of Merit by the President of ULIS – VNU for achievements of scientific research.