Faculty of Korean Language and Culture
|1st Floor – Block A3 – ULIS – VNU|
|Dr. Tran Thi Huong
||Dr. La Thi Thanh Mai
||MSc. Nguyen Thuy Duong
|Dean||Vice Dean||Vice Dean|
The Faculty of Korean Language and Culture is an administrative and training unit of ULIS-VNU, which has the function of organizing the implementation and development of higher education programs. The Faculty works alongside with the Faculty of Graduate Studies to develop and form the graduate programs. Other missions are student management and implementation of scientific research within the Faculty
- Managing lecturers, employees and learners of the Faculty as assigned by ULIS President.
- Planning and organizing the implementation of scientific, technological activities and international cooperation; cooperating with scientific and technological organizations, business and other organizations related to the training industry; calling on the participation of enterprises in the training process of the Faculty.
- Developing plans for the development of teaching staff, training disciplines, and facilities for training activities and scientific research; enhancing conditions for quality assurance so as to meet the social demands and international integration.
- Developing plans and organizing the implementation of political education, ideology, morals and lifestyles for lecturers, employees and learners; developing plans on training and fostering the professional qualifications for lecturers and other employees of the Faculty.
- Planning and organizing the implementation of education and training activities in accordance with the key plan of the University, including: developing training programs and specialized majors; organizing the elaboration of detailed syllabus on relevant subjects in order to ensure the uniformity and avoid overlapping between subjects of training programs or between training levels; organizing the development of training programs, elaborating schemes, compiling documents and syllabuses according to the University’s development orientations; implementing research on improving teaching and learning methods; developing and implementing methods of examining and evaluating students’ learning outcomes, ensuring the learners’ learning outcomes meet the demand of the labor market. The development of training programs, curriculums, and teaching materials must comply with the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training, VNU and ULIS.
- Organizing the assessment of managers, lecturers and researchers of the Faculty and taking part in assessing managers of the whole University according to the University’s regulations.
- Participating in developing and forming postgraduate training programs.
- Managing facilities and equipment of the Faculty.
- Cooperating with institutions and individuals outside the University in accordance with the current law in order to serve the functions and tasks of the Faculty.
- Performing other tasks assigned by ULIS President.
- In terms of compiling textbooks, reference books and teaching materials
- From 2000 to 2016: 36 textbooks was accepted for teaching purposes.
- 2009: Published 01 reference book.
- 2010: Published 03 reference books and 02 translated books.
- 2011: Published 01 translated book, and 01 reference textbook.
- From 2006 to 2015: Implemented and completed 09 projects at the University level and 02 topics at the National University level.
- 2012: Published 02 translated books (literature) and 01 monograph syllabus.
- 2013: Published 02 translated books (literature and Korean study).
- From 2012 to now: The faculty in the Faculty has implemented more than 50 international and national scientific research projects.
- As of 2015, a total of 26 books were published (textbooks, references, books on literary and Korean translation, etc.).
- From 2016 to now: compiling Korean textbooks for high school students under the National Language Project of Ministry of Education and Training.
- 2016: Published a monograph.
- 2017: Published a monograph and a textbook.
- In terms of international cooperation
- As of 2015, the Faculty successfully organized 03 major International Seminars including: ” Research, Teaching Korean Language and Culture in the context of global integration”, “Research and Teaching Workshop teaching Korean and Korean to study in Vietnam”, and “International Conference on Innovation in Teaching – Learning and Research in Vietnam”.
- Established, maintained and developed good relationships with Korean government and agencies; expanded cooperation with many Korean universities.
- Received sponsorships by the Central Research Institute of Korean Studies (AKS), Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), Sejong Hakdang Fund (under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Korea), Dunet Inc Media Company, Korea Cyber Online University.
- Established cooperation with Kookmin University.
- Received a training mandate for the elite staff of Sam Sung Group.
- Received many valuable scholarships from Korean government, Korean enterprises, organizations and institutions in Vietnam such as Samsung, Lotte, KEB, LG, Posco, etc.
- Every year, students are sent to study short-term courses at Seoul University, Konkuk, Kookmin; organized courses on business administration at Kookmin University.