2018 Year-end Conference held
On January 25th, 2019, ULIS- VNU held the Year-end Conference at Sunwah building to summarize all activities of 2018 and implement the 2019 mission plan.
Attending the conference were President Do Tuan Minh, Vice President Ngo Minh Thuy, Vice President Nguyen Xuan Long, Vice President Lam Quang Dong and Professor. Nguyen Hoa – Chairman of Science and Training Council, Assoc. Nguyen Lan Trung – Chairman of the Advisory Council for Cooperation and Development, Mr. Nguyen Cong Nhan – Chairman of the Former Faculties & Staff’s Association, deans and vice deans of Faculties, directors and deputy directors of offices, directors and deputy directors of centers under the University, Chairman of the Trade Union, Secretary and Deputy Secretary of the Youth Union.
At the beginning of the Conference, President Do Tuan Minh handed over decision on the establishment of the Center for School Psychology Counseling and assigned Mr. Nguyen Van Doan to assume the post of Center Director; decision on the transfer of Ms. Tran Thi Thu Hien (Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Language Education & Professional Development) to hold the position of Deputy Director of Center for Language Testing & Assessment; decision to establish the Division of Linguistics and Culture of Southeast Asian countries; decision to transfer Ms. Nguyen Thi Van Chi and Ms. Nguyen Mai Phuong from the Faculty of English to work at the Division of Linguistics and Culture of Southeast Asian countries, and assigned Ms. Nguyen Thi Van Chi to hold the position of Head of the Division.
At the conference, President Do Tuan Minh reviewed 6 key tasks in 2018 and evaluated the achievements, and emphasized the focus of the University in 2019 as below.
1. Training: enrolling and effectively organizing training activities of the fast-track programs on English, French, German, Japanese, Korean and Chinese languages;
2. Science and Technology: deployment of measures to support lecturers in scientific research and knowledge transfer; Organization of national and international scientific conferences;
3. Students Affairs: renovation of practice, internship, and supplementary skill development for students of the University;
4. Development & Cooperation: intensification of international cooperation in foreign language education and assessment; renovation of measures of teacher development; increase the number of international students at the University; and creation of opportunities for students to study abroad in both short-term and long-term programs;
5. Facilities – Equipment: effective use of facilities and equipment so as to better major activities such as scientific research, training, and cooperation & development;
6. University administration: implementation of supplementary programs for lecturers and staff of the University.
After that, 23 representatives of different departments gave their presentations on the results achieved in 2018 and plans to implement the key tasks of each unit in 2019.