The briefing on tasks in the second quarter of 2019
On June 12th, 2019, the University of Languages and International Studies – Vietnam National University, Hanoi (ULIS – VNU) held a briefing of the second quarter of 2019. ULIS President Do Tuan Minh chaired the briefing. The briefing was attended by ULIS Vice Presidents Ngo Minh Thuy, Nguyen Xuan Long, Lam Quang Dong, Chairman of the Trade Union, Secretary of the Youth Union, ULIS representatives from many departments.
Speaking at the briefing, President Do Tuan Minh spoke highly of the efforts of all departments in completing their respective tasks in the second quarter of 2019 with outstanding achievements.
At the beginning of the briefing, President Do Tuan Minh announced the decision to appoint M.A. Nguyen Huyen Trang as the Vice Principal of ULIS Middle School. In addition, groups and individuals awarded for their distinguished achievements during the second quarter included 9 finalists of 2019 Miss&Mr VNU Contest, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dinh Hong Van for his achievement in connecting training departments with alumni, Dr. Nguyen Thi Minh Tam for her remarkable achievement in implementing the Major National Science Project under the Northwest Program, Dr. Trieu Thu Hang for her success in finishing her study and defending successfully her PhD thesis ahead the timeline.
The briefing also worked on reports of the second quarter of 2019, task plans of the third quarter and reports on the application of working and training regulations in training departments.
Outstanding achievements in the second quarter of 2019 include:
- Success in organizing the first phase of graduate student recruitment and the entrance exam to Foreign Language Specialized School; applying general solutions to attract qualified candidates to enroll in tertiary training programs.Success in organizing National Science Conference 2019.
- Utilization of the co-working space for ULIS lecturers and implementation of the plan for infrastructure restoration and equipment upgrading and supplementation in 2019.
– Personnel organization and school management affairs: Established ULIS Middle School; built and implemented regulations on checking and supervising of ULIS – VNU and temporary regulations on applying the single door mechanism to staff, appointing some managing leaders, etc.
– Academic affairs: organized the entrance exam to the ULIS Middle School, preliminarily concluded the school year of 2018-2019 for students of three Fast-Track Programs; held the opening ceremony for QH.2019 students and presented Master and Doctor Degree for the first phase of 2019; completed and implemented 18 training programs; adjusted and enacted for the course of QH.2018; checked the graduation scores and conditions for QH.2015 students, proceeded the process of reviewing and recognizing students’ graduation in June 2019; completed the organization of exams and marking process of the second semester of 2019; Completed the draft of Project on teaching renovations in ULIS in the period of 2019-2025.
-Training of the learning-while-working program and the implementation of the National Foreign Languages Project 2019 (NFLP2019) Affairs: Assigning and disseminating tasks of the National Foreign Languages Project 2019 (NFLP2019).
-Information Technology, Comunication & Learning Resources Affairs: Successfully organized the foreign language book review contest “Book review”; built the Website for the ULIS Middle School; built the Website for single door mechanism Administration; promoted the communication to serve the University Entrance Examination in 2019.
– Student Affairs: Completed professional internship for 835 QH.2015 students; organized 1440 QH.2018 students to participate in the National Defense and Security Education program.
– Science and Technology Affairs: Successfully accepted the National Level Science Project “Research and development of models to improve foreign language capacity for officers and employees of Customs and Foreign Affairs, Tourism and Border Protection in the context of international integration in the Northwest region” with 35 main products (14 programs and 21 documents), graded excellent by the Council (06/08 excellent votes). The project was completed in 14 months ahead the deadline 18 months) and was the only assigned topic to be completed on time; successfully organized Students’ Innovation – Research – Start-up Day with 134 topics and more than 400 students participating in scientific researches ( 2018-2019).
– Cooperation and Development Affairs: Basically completed the support for students of 14 high schools in Thanh Hoa and Lang Son in improving the quality of English teaching and learning. At the same time, completed the support in teaching and learning English at 3 secondary schools (Mai Dich, Dich Vong Hau and Trung Hoa) in Cau Giay district.
– Quality Assurance Affairs: Finished the survey to get feedback of Fast-Track students following the Circular No. 23 of the Ministry of Education and Training.
– Testing and Assessment Affairs: Continued to provide technical support for the development of English standardized test and English examination questions for The National University of Laos.
– Trade Union Affairs: Organized the health examination for 450 public officials and leaders in the University; organized activities to celebrate International Children’s Day.
– Communist Party and Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union Affairs: Coordinated and successfully organized the foreign language book review contest; organized the Party awareness training course for 80 elite members.
Key tasks in the third quarter of 2019:
– Recruit undergraduates and graduates sufficiently in both quantity and quality.
– Complete the project of teaching innovation at ULIS – VNU (with special attention to the factors of training quality assurance for Fast-Track programs)
– Complete on schedule, with attention to quality and progress of projects to improve and upgrade the infrastructure of ULIS.
After that, the briefing moved to the discussion on the tasks and activities of the departments in the third quarter of 2019 and the plan to build the timely culture for ULIS staff and students in the school year 2019-2020 and regulations for school supervision.
Closing the briefing, President Do Tuan Minh encouraged university’s departments to actively implement activities, strictly follow working regulations and training regulations, complete key tasks and plans in the third quarter of the year and give key instructions on the missions of each departments.