1. The Advisory Councils of ULIS – VNU were established under the decision of the President. The term of the Advisory Councils coincides with the term of the President. The Advisory Councils have the duty to advise the President on:
- Operational direction of the University.
- Mobilizing and supervising the use of resources for the University with the community and society, ensuring the achievement of educational goals.
- Consulting on goals, strategies, projects and development plans of the University.
2. The University’s Advisory Councils are composed of: the chairpersons of the councils, some Vice Presidents, leaders of faculties, departments, representatives of lecturers, and socio-political organizations in the University and some members outside the University decided by the President.
3. The Advisory Councils elect the Chairpersons, Vice Chairpersons and Secretaries of the Councils on the principle of secret ballot and majority vote. The Chairpersons of the Advisory Councils manage the activities of the Councils and perform the tasks specified in Section 1. The Advisory Councils have no more than 02 Vice-Chairpersons.