Foreign Language Specialized School
|No 2. Pham Van Dong Highway, Cau Giay, Ha Noi|
|(84-24) 3754 9958|
|Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Thanh Van
||Dr. Lai Thi Phuong Thao
||Dr. Nguyen Phu Chien
|Principal||Vice Principal||Vice Principal|
- FLSS has the function of discovering and fostering gifted students to achieve excellent results in learning; training students with good foreign languages, fostering foreign language talents for the country. The School is responsible to deliver comprehensive education to and fully implement comprehensive education plans and programs in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training, VNU and ULIS.
- Advising ULIS – VNU, leaders and education managers on high school education.
- The School is responsible for organizing the teaching and educational activities.
- Researching and applying appropriately and effectively methods of educational management , teaching, examination and assessment; effectively organizing the activities of educating life values, life skills and social activities skills for students; creating conditions for students to study and apply knowledge to solve practical problems.
- Effectively implementing the guidelines of the Ministry of Education and Training, VNU and the Department of Education and Training of Hanoi on innovating and improving teaching quality of the School.
- Teachers and staff
- Developing managers, teachers and staff of the School, constantly improving the quality of teaching and learning, approaching the standard level of advanced high schools in the world.
- Coordinating with relevant departments to organize training and fostering classes, foreign language and computer skills classes for managers, teachers and staff.
- Finance & Facility management
- Performing the financial management task, the management, use and preservation of facilities and equipment according to the regulations of the State, VNU and ULIS. Developing plans and increasing investment in facilities and teaching equipment of the School.
- Coordinating with the Student Support Center – VNU in organizing and managing student boarding activities.
- Coordinating with the Assets Management & Security Office and the Center for Resource Development to arrange and effectively use equipment, halls and classrooms to carry out assigned tasks.
- Developing, managing and using effectively information systems and databases for management, education and assessment activities of the School.
- Cooperation & Development
- Working closely with other Faculties of ULIS.
- Develop cooperation activities between FLSS with educational institutions, scientific research institutions and domestic and foreign individuals to improve the quality and effectiveness of teaching and increase the prestige for the School.
- Performing other tasks assigned by ULIS President.
- Collective achievement
- Third-class Independence Medal in 2014.
- First-class Labor Medal in 2004.
- Second-class Labor Medal in 1999.
- Third-class Labor Medal in 1994.
- Certificate of Merit from the Prime Minister in 2009.
- Certificate of Merit from the Vietnam Labor General Federation in 2008.
- Teachers’ achievement
- 4 teachers were awarded the title of Teacher of Excellence.
- 6 teachers were awarded Third-class Labor Medals.
- 12 officials and teachers received the Prime Minister’s Certificate of Merit.
- 8 officials and teachers received the Certificate of Merit from the Minister of Education and Training.
- 61 officials and teachers received the Certificate of Merit from the Director of Hanoi National University.
- 3 Merit of Hanoi Labor Federation.
- Many officials and teachers were awarded different types of honor.
- Students’ achievement
- 5 International Olympic Gold Medals and 1 International Olympic Bronze Medal.
- Second team prize and second and third individual prizes at the final round of the International Chinese Language Bridge Competition in 2008, the second prize of the whole group at the 2009 Final Round of the International Chinese Language Bridge Competition.
- 521 National Excellent Student Awards (1989-2014).
- Many students of the School received the Certificate of Merit from the Minister of Education and Training.
- First prize at the National Amateur Young Informatics Contest in 1999.
- Second prize at the final round of “Road to Olympia” in 2003.
- Third prize at the 2004 “Explore the World of Computer” competition.
- A number of first prizes in English speaking contests.
- Many students secured the national valedictorian title in the high school graduation exam and national valedictorian title in the university entrance examination.