Briefing of the second quarter in 2020 held
On June 11th, 2020, ULIS – VNU held a briefing on tasks of the second quarter in 2020. Dr. Do Tuan Minh, ULIS President chaired the meeting. The meeting was also attended by Chairman of the Trade Union, Secretary of the Youth Union, representatives of departments of the University.
At the Briefing Dr. Duong Quynh Hoa, Director of Personnel Organization Office announced the decisions of President Do Tuan Minh on appointing Dr. Dam Minh Thuy as Vice Dean of the Faculty of French Language & Culture.
Also, the President presented special awards to outstanding individuals and departments of the University in the past quarter, especially 15 lecturers received ULIS most popular award this time.
Delivering his speech at the briefing, President Do Tuan Minh highly appreciated the efforts of all the departments in completing their tasks in the second quarter of 2020 with outstanding achievements.
Reports on the performance in the second quarter of 2020 and the plan for the third quarter of 2020 and reports on the implementation of working and training regulations were delivered at the briefing.
Prominent results in the second quarter of 2020:
– Prepare and organize the National Scientific Seminar with topic “Studying and Teaching Foreign Languages, Languages and International studies in Vietnam” online.
– Continue to well implement the prevention of Covid-19 epidemic; Proactively and flexibly adjust the School’s work plan to suit the general situation.
– Develop 04 action programs to implement the Resolution of the XIX Party Congress.
– Overcome difficulties to successfully complete the academic year 2019-2020, ensuring that students of the QH.2016 cohort graduate on time.
– Prepare the enrollment work at all levels.
Crucial tasks in the third quarter of 2020:
– Deploy the project of renewing scientific research activities of students in the period of 2020-2025.
– Deploy 04 action programs to implement the Resolution of the XIX Party Congress.
– Deploy plan of IT application in university administration and training organization in the period of 2020-2025.
– Organize a training course for all teachers.
– Train on the application of IT in teaching – learning based on a blended method.
– Continue to implement a training program to improve the management and leadership capacity for key staff.
– Improve Wifi system.
– Organize enrollment work of all levels.
– Adjust the syllabus of in-service English course.
– Continue to open more space for students.
– Organize Annual ULIS faculty, staff and 2019-2020 Academic Year Summarization Conference.