Briefing of the third quarter in 2020 held
On September 9th, 2020, ULIS – VNU held a briefing on tasks of the third quarter in 2020. Dr. Do Tuan Minh, ULIS President chaired the meeting. The meeting was also attended by Chairman of the Trade Union, Secretary of the Youth Union, representatives of departments of the University.
At the Briefing Dr. Duong Quynh Hoa, Director of Personnel Organization Office announced the decisions of President Do Tuan Minh on appointing Dr. Pham Duong Hong Ngoc as Vice Dean of the Faculty of Russian Language & Culture; Dr. Nguyen Thi Minh as Vice Dean of the Faculty of Chinese Language & Culture; Dr. Mai Thi Loan as Vice Dean of the Faculty of English; and re-oppointing MA. Trinh Hai Tuan as Deputy Director of the Center for Information Technology, Communication & Learning Resources; Dr. Dao Thi Nga My as Dean of the Faculty of Japanese Language & Culture.
Also, the President presented Certificate of Merit to 11 individuals and 20 departments of the University in the period of 2015-2020, as well as special awards to outstanding individuals and departments of the University in the past quarter.
Delivering his speech at the briefing, President Do Tuan Minh highly appreciated the efforts of all the departments in completing their tasks in the third quarter of 2020 with outstanding achievements.
Reports on the performance in the third quarter of 2020 and the plan for the fourth quarter of 2020 and reports on the implementation of working and training regulations were delivered at the briefing.
Prominent results in the third quarter of 2020:
– Deploy the project of renewing scientific research activities of students in the period of 2020-2025;
– Deploy 04 action programs to implement the Resolution of the XIX Party Congress;
– Deploy plan of IT application in university administration and training organization in the period of 2020-2025;
– Organize a training course for all teachers;
– Train on the application of IT in teaching – learning based on a blended method;
– Continue to implement a training program to improve the management and leadership capacity for key staff;
– Improve Wifi system;
– Organize enrollment work of all levels;
– Adjust the syllabus of in-service English course;
– Continue to open more space for students;
– Organize Annual ULIS faculty, staff and 2019-2020 Academic Year Summarization Conference.
Crucial tasks in the fourth quarter of 2020:
– Deploy reception for QH.2020 students and organize new school year activities 2020-2021;
– Organize the 2nd enrollment of graduate courses on October 17th-18th;
– Organize the IGRS 2020 conference on October 25th and the ULIS Conference on Interpreting & Translation;
– Complete the AUN external assessment on the Arabic language program.