Center for Researching Foreign Language Education, Linguistics and International Studies
|Room 301, 302, 303 – Block A3 – ULIS – VNU|
|Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Anh|
The Center for Researching Foreign Language Education, Linguistics and International Studies has the function of researching foreign language education and applying research results in foreign language teaching and learning; organizing and carrying out scientific research activities, in combination with training, fostering, transferring knowledge and scientific services in the fields of Foreign Language Education, Linguistics and International Studies.
- Research and build a theoretical system and teaching methods in education, especially foreign language education, with a focus on foreign languages taught in the University of Languages and International Studies, VNU and high schools in Vietnam.
- Organize and participate in the implementation of research projects, science and technology projects in some key foreign language education fields such as foreign language teaching philosophy, foreign language competency standards, theory and practice building foreign language training programs, learning materials, teaching methods, testing and assessing foreign language ability. Implement the application of domestic and foreign research results, foreign language teaching and learning experiences to improve the quality of foreign language training.
- Liaise with other units for organizing, implementing and coordinating the work of scientific information, scientific seminars on researches of the Center and other domestic and foreign language education agencies. Liaise with other units to archive research results in the fields that the Center undertakes.
- Organize and conduct research on linguistic issues of high applicability in service of foreign language education in Vietnam; issues of a national, regional or global nature through programs or topics, contributing to linguistic and international knowledge and understanding.
- Combine research with training, especially graduate training, contributes to training high-quality human resources to serve the country’s development in the context of integration, globalization and the development of the country’s knowledge economy.
- Closely cooperate with research organizations and units; receive orders for conducting specific or short and long-term research programs; or conduct scientific consulting programs.
- Promote interdisciplinary cooperation, link and exchange information, liaise with units to organize national and international conferences and seminars, organize training programs and classes on scientific research and knowledge transfer in the fields of Linguistics and International Studies.
- Maximize the mobilization of research staff of the University, units inside and outside VNU, inside and outside the country, make the most of the facilities for research, and expand international cooperation to perform well the function of the Center.
- Perform other duties assigned by the President.
♦ Post-graduate scientific research and training
- Implemented 25 projects at all levels.
- Published 12 books for special references, compiled 21 text-books for undergraduate level, edited 77 textbooks for high school level.
- Issued over 170 articles in domestic and foreign scientific journals.
- In October 2015, organized the 1st conference on International studies at ULIS – VNU.
- In 2017, carried out the annual report on foreign language education for 2016.
- Supervised 21 domestic PhD candidates and 3 foreign PhD candidates.
- Academic year 2016-2017: Collective of excellent working.
- Academic year 2017-2018: Collective of excellent working, Certificate of Merit by the President of VNU
- Academic year 2017-2018: Certificate of Merit by the President of ULIS – VNU for achievements of scientific research.