Faculty of German Language and Culture
|2nd Floor – Block A3 – ULIS – VNU|
|firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com|
|Dr. Le Thi Bich Thuy||MA. Luu Trong Nam|
The Faculty of German Language and Culture is a training unit of the University of Languages & International Studies, VNU with the function of organizing, implementing and developing undergraduate training programs managed by the Faculties, in collaboration with the Faculty of Graduate Studies to develop training graduate programs., manage students at all levels and training systems in VNU, and at the same time carry out scientific research in the units.
- Managing lecturers, employees and learners of the Faculty as assigned by ULIS President.
- Planning and organizing the implementation of scientific, technological activities and international cooperation; cooperating with scientific and technological organizations, business and other organizations related to the training industry; calling on the participation of enterprises in the training process of the Faculty.
- Developing plans for the development of teaching staff, training disciplines, and facilities for training activities and scientific research; enhancing conditions for quality assurance so as to meet the social demands and international integration.
- Developing plans and organizing the implementation of political education, ideology, morals and lifestyles for lecturers, employees and learners; developing plans on training and fostering the professional qualifications for lecturers and other employees of the Faculty.
- Planning and organizing the implementation of education and training activities in accordance with the key plan of the University, including: developing training programs and specialized majors; organizing the elaboration of detailed syllabus on relevant subjects in order to ensure the uniformity and avoid overlapping between subjects of training programs or between training levels; organizing the development of training programs, elaborating schemes, compiling documents and syllabi according to the University’s development orientations; implementing research on improving teaching and learning methods; developing and implementing methods of examining and evaluating students’ learning outcomes, ensuring the learners’ learning outcomes to meet the demand of the labor market. The development of training programs, curricula, and teaching materials must comply with the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training, VNU and ULIS.
- Organizing the assessment of managers, lecturers and researchers of the Faculty and taking part in assessing managers of the whole University according to the University’s regulations.
- Participating in developing and forming postgraduate training programs.
- Managing facilities and equipment of the Faculty.
- Coordinate with units and functional departments in the University to perform training, research, and service provision tasks according to the University’s assigned decisions.
- Cooperating with institutions and individuals outside the University in accordance with the current law in order to serve the functions and tasks of the Faculty.
- Performing other tasks assigned by ULIS President.
- Acquired a lot of achievements in training and teaching activities.
- The Faculty has regularly innovated teaching and research activities.
- Provided high quality of human resources for the country.
- In 2005, the Faculty laid the foundation for teaching German at FLSS.
- In 2005, the Faculty launched a major in German Pedagogy – ULIS is the only institution offers such major in Vietnam.
- In 2012, the Faculty offered a Master’s program in German Language.
- Since 2014, the Faculty has actively participated in the compilation of the German General Education Program.
- Since 2017, the Faculty has offered a joint Master’s program in German Language with the Herder Institute of Leipzig University (Germany).
- The Faculty always welcomes 1 to 2 German experts coming to work at the Faculty every year.
- Organized many cultural exchange programs, educational events, international conferences and seminars on German research and teaching in Vietnam and Southeast Asia.