ULIS Middle School
|No 2 Pham Van Dong Highway, Cau Giay, Ha Noi|
|MA. Nguyen Huyen Trang||MA. Nguyen Hoang Giang|
- Training young students who are good at foreign language on the basis of ensuring comprehensive education in ethics, intelligence, aesthetics, basic life skills and cultural subjects of high-quality at junior high school level, and at the same time fully implement the comprehensive education plan and program in accordance with the Regulations of the Ministry of Education & Training, VNU and the University of Languages & International Studies.
- It is a pedagogical practice base at junior high school level of the University of Languages & International Studies.
- Creating a source of high quality enrollment for the Foreign Language Specialized School and other high schools in the Capital area.
1. Teaching and education
- ULIS Middle School is responsible for organizing teaching and educating activities for students in accordance with the Charter of junior high schools and high schools with multiple levels of education of the Ministry of Education and Training and according to the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training.
- Research, apply appropriately and effectively educational management, teaching, testing and assessment methods; effectively organize educational activities for students’ life values, life skills and social skills through experience; create conditions for students to explore, create and apply knowledge into practice; actively participate in digital transformation activities.
- Pioneer effectively implementing the policies of the Ministry of Education and Training, VNU, ULIS, the Department of Education and Training of Hanoi city and the Department of Education and Training of Cau Giay district on innovation and improving the quality of junior high education, especially in foreign languages.
2. Teachers and staff
- Develop a contingent of managers, teachers and employees of ULIS Middle School with sufficient quantity, reasonable structure, good expertise and professional skills, proficiency in using equipment & software for modern teaching, using English and wholeheartedness to innovate.
- Coordinate with relevant units to organize training and fostering expertise, professional skills, foreign languages and informatics capacity of managers, teachers and employees to meet objectives and tasks of ULIS Middle School.
3. Finance and facilities
- ULIS Middle School performs financial management, use and maintenance of facilities and equipment in accordance with regulations of the State, VNU and ULIS.
- Formulate planning, development plans and increase investment in facilities and teaching equipment of the school.
- Develop, manage and effectively use information systems and databases to serve the management, education and assessment of the quality and performance of the school’s operations.
4. Cooperation and development
- Closely cooperate with the Foreign Language Specialized School in training, pedagogical practice and scientific research.
- Develop cooperation activities between UMS and educational institutions, scientific research institutions, domestic and foreign individuals to improve the quality and effectiveness of teaching and educating students, creating more resources and increasing prestige for the school in accordance with relevant laws.
5. Perform a number of other tasks assigned by the University of Languages & International Studies and relevant management agencies
- The ULIS Middle School under the University of Languages and International Studies – Hanoi, VNU was established on March 26th, 2019 under the Decision No. 668/QD-UBND of the People’s Committee of CauGiay District, Hanoi.
- On March 28th, 2019, the Police Department for Administrative Management of Social Order issued a Certificate of Seal Sample Registration for ULIS Middle School. On March 29th, 2019, the Head of Education and Training Department of CauGiay District signed Decision No. 42/QD-PGD on permitting educational activities for ULIS Middle School. As of March 29th, 2019, the procedures were completed so that the ULIS Middle School could begin enrolling students from the 2019-2020 school year.
- On March 27th, 2019, the President of ULIS-VNU signed Decision No. 808/QD-ĐHNN on the appointment of Dr. Nguyen Phu Chien – Vice Principal of FLSS for the position of the first Principal of ULIS Middle School.
- On April 2nd, 2019, ULIS-VNU established a Steering Committee for the organization and operation of ULIS Middle School according to Decision No. 826/QD-ĐHNN. On April 8th, 2019, the announcement ceremony of the decision to establish the UMS took place at Sunwah hall.
- In the school year 2019-2020, the school enrolled the first course with the target of 100 students, divided into 4 clasess of grade 6.